DocuWare has recently earned an SOC 2 Type 1 certification for DocuWare Cloud. What does this certification mean for users of DocuWare Cloud?
SOC 2 is a report on controls at Service Organizations (like DocuWare) in the areas of security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy. Each item has defined criteria which must be met to demonstrate adherence.
According to AICPA these reports are “Intended for use by stakeholders (e.g., customers, regulators, business partners, suppliers, directors) of the service organization to have a thorough understanding of the service organization and its internal controls.”
The five criteria used for the SOC 2 report are also referred to as Trust Services Principles. AICPA has determined these five principals to be most important to customers of service organizations that provide services such as DocuWare Cloud and other I.T.-related services.
1) SECURITY: The system is protected against unauthorized physical and logical access.
2) AVAILABILITY: The system is available for operating and use as committed or agreed.
3) CONFIDENTIALITY: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
4) PROCESSING INTEGRITY: System processing is complete, accurate, timely, and authorized.
5) PRIVACY: Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principals (GAPP).
Les Olson Company is a proud partner of DocuWare, offering tools for cloud document management and online collaboration. Are you ready to take your document management to the cloud? Learn how Les Olson Company and DocuWare deliver anytime, anywhere document access, scalability, security and more.